Unanswered: ODBC Query's to Oracle

I have a couple of ODBC query's running from an access DB to an Oracle DB. All is good and fine. However sometimes i have trouble connecting to the Oracle DB.

2 things may happen....:
    1) I get the common "ODBC error connection failed"
    The SQL is 100% OK, except connection failed or something, i need to restart the DB to clear the memory (and avoid the timeout wait time) to retry.
    2) The Access DB Crashes. It doesnt give an error or anything, it just "disappears", again restart and retry.

These 2 can repeat and intermittently show up, Or on try 1 have problem 2, try 2 problem 1 and Vice versa...

Try try try untill it works. Its a pain, is there anybody out there who has experience simmular problems in the past (WinNT, Access 97 - SR2)

Thanx.

another resource from Oracle--XOsoft

Business continuity company, XOsoft (http://www.xosoft.com/) launched a brilliant little solution called Data Rewinder that protects your data from all sorts of corruption and is perfect for disaster recovery and even day-to-day server failures.

Thanx for your response, tho i think you misunderstood my question. No server problems (i think) as specially not with it crashing or anything....

More of a connection problem.....

Regards