Unanswered: Resetting check boxes in an option group

Hi,
    I have form and on it is an option group, and it has 2 options. What I want to do is that after the user has checked the option boxes and chooses to leave the form, the the option boxes to be reset. Ideally I want both the underlying table to be reset after certain queries have run and the form check boxes to be "clean".

I can't seem to get the boxes to be clean, they are always "greyed" out as though there is yes, no, maybe?

Regards
    John

You want to set it to null after update.

checkbox = null

or

optiongroup = null

Let me know if this help.

esm

Hi
    Thanks for the reply.

How would I achieve this in VB? Sorry for the obviousness of the question but what would the syntax be?

Regards
    John

To set an option group to no selection merely set the Option Group's Value to a value NOT IN THE GROUP ... Ex: if the Values start at 1 and increase set the option group's value to 0 ...

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the reply.

I have go this to work as per your suggestion but unfortunately only on the first record (its a continuous form). So the next question is how do I achieve the same effect with all records on teh form?

Regards
    John

Originally posted by Sticker
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the reply.

I have go this to work as per your suggestion but unfortunately only on the first record (its a continuous form). So the next question is how do I achieve the same effect with all records on teh form?

Regards
    John
    John ... John ... John ... When will you learn? Continuous Forms is a VERY important detail to know to help with your issue ... Ok. Now Can I assume the combobox is bound to the underlying table? If it is then what you need to do to reset the option group is run a query setting the entire column to the "not selected" value ... (as above)

Mike, I'm suitably chastised

The form is indeed bound, sorry for leading you a meery dance!

Regards
    John

Mike, I'm suitably chastised

The form is indeed bound, sorry for leading you a meery dance!

Regards
    John
    John,

I've not seen an option group IN a continuous forms form before ... Is this option group in the header? Where is it exactly? Just trying to visualize what you're doing and attempting to do ...

Hi Mike,
    The option group is in the detail section of the form.
    Regards
    John

Hi Mike,
    The option group is in the detail section of the form.
    Regards
    John
    Ok ... Then my previous comment applies ... Only 1 thought tho: You'll have to perform the update on the Form_Update method ... It's the only way to verify that a change has been committed to the table ...