Unanswered: frontpage & edit db ?

i am currently using frontpage to access, edit, update, delete, etc.. my database. i used the dbw to make some sample pages, went back in and customized them. the problem i am running into now is i tried adding the main field that was being edited so i can edit that part of the record. heres the 4 fields in the 1 table.

description, unit, location, price

the original edit.asp was queryed by the description and it edited the rest of the 3 fields correctly. i tried adding a description field to the edit.asp page, it querys it fine, i get the exact same info from the previous page, but when i go to click the update nothing now will update. if anyone ever tried doing this before and had some success, i would appreciate any help.

heres the page layout.

i start in the database_editor (added a custom search, works), then it brings up the lists.asp, click on that and switches the frame page for the detail.asp, when i click on edit, i get the edit.asp page (now with my custom description field added). then when i click ok i get my page that says it has been successfully added, the update.asp page. then wehn i go back to that record i updated, nothing is updated in any of the fields. i check all references to the description fields, and am not sure what page exactly i should be checking. edit.asp or update.asp?

sidenote: every other function of the site still works.

thanks

adam

update 1

okay i have been trying a couple things in the pages, i believe i found the code what causes nothing to be written. it is in the update.asp...

fp_sQry="UPDATE Results SET Description = '::Description::' , Unit = '::Unit::' , Location = '::Location::' , Price = ::Price:: WHERE (Description = ::Description::)"

i understand why nothing is being written since nothing is equal in the final clause of the statement.

so the new question is there a way to open up the single record with the description then make it so i can write to it, replacing the previous description with a new one?

thanks

adam
    Last edited by stahly; 03-22-04 at 16:05.