load resume cics

I posted this already on MVSHELP forum but didn't recieve a reply...

Hi,
    I looked at the various prior postings regarding the Load utility but didn't see any reference to using this utility while CICS is up.
    I read somewhere that LOAD RESUME YES, SHRLEVEL CHANGE can be run during the day w/o impacting other programs.

Is anyone doing this? how viable is it? Does it matter if the CICS programs are updating these tables as well?

Re: load resume cics

If you have not read this before
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bi...07154051&CASE=

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by karthiven
    I posted this already on MVSHELP forum but didn't recieve a reply...

Hi,
    I looked at the various prior postings regarding the Load utility but didn't see any reference to using this utility while CICS is up.
    I read somewhere that LOAD RESUME YES, SHRLEVEL CHANGE can be run during the day w/o impacting other programs.

Is anyone doing this? how viable is it? Does it matter if the CICS programs are updating these tables as well?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    If you have not read this before
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bi...07154051&CASE=

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    I knew from the article in DB2Mag that shrlevel change does claims and not drains. I was wondering if I could have contentions with CICS trans doing updates to the same table against which a load with shrleve change was running.

Thanks

Originally posted by karthiven
    I knew from the article in DB2Mag that shrlevel change does claims and not drains. I was wondering if I could have contentions with CICS trans doing updates to the same table against which a load with shrleve change was running.

Thanks
    Yes, you could indeed have contentions! Basically LOAD SHRLEVEL CHANGE is doing a mass insert, and you must understand all pros and cons. But in REAL LIFE, if table is very seldomly updated, go ahead. Even if you'll wrote a CICS-transaction, problem still exists.

Cheers, Bill

Originally posted by hurmavi
    Yes, you could indeed have contentions! Basically LOAD SHRLEVEL CHANGE is doing a mass insert, and you must understand all pros and cons. But in REAL LIFE, if table is very seldomly updated, go ahead. Even if you'll wrote a CICS-transaction, problem still exists.

Cheers, Bill
    OK, I get it. You are saying that it is similar to a CICS program doing inserts and I can expect similar behaviour.
    Thanks