Unanswered: what is the best way to diff using query

Informix 7.3
    OLTP database
    Unix HP

I have a table with 3 columns with duplicate and 2 million rows loaded from a flat file into a temp table( newdata ).

I want to differenciate the data between (newdata) and the old one in the permanente table (olddata). It as the same columns and structure.

Goal: Is to pin point the rows that have change without having to re-insert the 2 million rows every morning. Filling up the logical and hugging ressources.

Problem: Filling the logicals to fast
    takes many hours to create indexes

-I tried using "not exists", "not in" queries but it take as long as creating the indexes.
    -I looked if there was a way to remove logging on permanent tables and could'nt fing any way to do this with informix.

Any suggestions?

Re: what is the best way to diff using query

Originally posted by alex1668
    Informix 7.3
    OLTP database
    Unix HP

I have a table with 3 columns with duplicate and 2 million rows loaded from a flat file into a temp table( newdata ).

I want to differenciate the data between (newdata) and the old one in the permanente table (olddata). It as the same columns and structure.

Goal: Is to pin point the rows that have change without having to re-insert the 2 million rows every morning. Filling up the logical and hugging ressources.

Problem: Filling the logicals to fast
    takes many hours to create indexes

-I tried using "not exists", "not in" queries but it take as long as creating the indexes.
    -I looked if there was a way to remove logging on permanent tables and could'nt fing any way to do this with informix.

Any suggestions?
    Hi,

Can you test CREATE RAW TABLE newtab, then load data without logging.

Gustavo.