Unanswered: adding Library Server for Content Manager

My Content Manager system is on OS390. Both the Library Server (LS) and the Resource Manager (RM) As a test, I was wanting to add a LS on a NT workstation. Here's what I think that I have to do:

Install the sysadmin client on a machine along with the LS (uncheck RM)

in the schema.ICMRMKEY table for the RM, I need to add an entry defining the name of the database for the LS and it's encryption key.

This sounds way too easy for me and I think that I'm leaving something out.

Is there a way to do this using the sysadmin client? If I install the LS and Sysadmin Client on a NT box, can I add the RM using the GUI??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: adding Library Server for Content Manager

It is possible to add a RM to your LS using the SysAdmin client but the problem is that you only can add a new RM server to your LS, because a RM belongs to only one LS server, if your RM server belongs to another LS server you must reinstall it to work with this LS and set the right parameters during the installation to connect to your LS.

Originally posted by chinatrain99
    My Content Manager system is on OS390. Both the Library Server (LS) and the Resource Manager (RM) As a test, I was wanting to add a LS on a NT workstation. Here's what I think that I have to do:

Install the sysadmin client on a machine along with the LS (uncheck RM)

in the schema.ICMRMKEY table for the RM, I need to add an entry defining the name of the database for the LS and it's encryption key.

This sounds way too easy for me and I think that I'm leaving something out.

Is there a way to do this using the sysadmin client? If I install the LS and Sysadmin Client on a NT box, can I add the RM using the GUI??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!