Unanswered: Populate on Click

I posted this question earlier under a different subject but after my research think this subject describes my delima better.

I am attempting to make a form where you "click" on a help topic and it automatically selects the word from a combo box.

The topic is a just a few words in a text box like "checked e-mail". You click on it and it will take you to the appropriate place on the associated form.

Or maybe ya'll can just call me crazy and say it can't be done easily.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. But I have attached a demo in Access2000.

I created a combo box with 2 columns, the second column is not visible. In the hidden column is the name of a control on the form (in this case various textboxes, but you can have other objects).

When you select an item from the combo box, it takes the value in the second column and then uses that control name to set focus on it.

You could work across different forms with this, but you'd need to probably make another hidden column with the form name in as well.

Its a long winded way of doing things, but it should work.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Attached Files Attached Files

Closer

It's close to what I am looking for.

If the "Select One:" box was text, and you clicked on it and the text would show up in a box on a different form it would be perfect.

Is that even possible?

So you'd like a single textbox on a form, with some sort of selector (combo box - listbox), with basic descriptions in.

And depending on what was selected the text would appear in a different form ?

~Ken

That's correct

Try this one !
    Attached Files Attached Files