Unanswered: Combo boxes not updating underlying table

Hi
    I have a problem with a combo box on a continuous form (filtered).

If the user for example selects an item from the the combo box on the first 3 records of say 7, the following happens when they exit the form to the parent form. The first 2 records have the field populated that the combo box is bound to but the 3rd odes not. If they then go back into the form and straight out, the 3rd record is populated. Presumably I need to have the system move off the record, but how do I do this when the form is filtered and still exit to the "calling" parent record.

Why is this and how can it be overcome?

Regards
    John
    Last edited by Sticker; 03-23-04 at 05:47.

Ok I've tried using a macro and in that using the
    GoToRecord command and GoToControl command, but it makes no difference, you still have to exit the form and then go back into it for the record to update.

Originally posted by Sticker
    Ok I've tried using a macro and in that using the
    GoToRecord command and GoToControl command, but it makes no difference, you still have to exit the form and then go back into it for the record to update.
    John,

Is the user updating the record prior to exiting? I've yet to find a programmatic way to force an update of a continuous form ...

Hi Mike,
    No they are not updating the record, trying to do it so that they don't forget.

I was afraid you would say there wasn't a programable way to do this.

Is there a way to change the form to be single, force update and then return to continuous?

Regards
    John

Originally posted by Sticker
    Hi Mike,
    No they are not updating the record, trying to do it so that they don't forget.

I was afraid you would say there wasn't a programable way to do this.

Is there a way to change the form to be single, force update and then return to continuous?

Regards
    John
    I don't think you can switch modes on the fly ... Even with a "normal" form you can't force an update programmatically (at least yet) ... Basically this needs to be a process/training issue ...