Unanswered: Selecting data from 2 databases

Hi,

I am newbie to MS-Access. I wanted to know whether it is possible to get data from two different databases ie.,

In the first database, there will be master tables and the second database will relate to individual client(s) data pertaining to each year.

Please provide the detailed steps if there is any possibility.

I am using MS-Access 2000 on Windows 2000 and Win 98 OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Selecting data from 2 databases

Originally posted by avkravi2004
    Hi,

I am newbie to MS-Access. I wanted to know whether it is possible to get data from two different databases ie.,

In the first database, there will be master tables and the second database will relate to individual client(s) data pertaining to each year.

Please provide the detailed steps if there is any possibility.

I am using MS-Access 2000 on Windows 2000 and Win 98 OS.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes it is possible ... Do you want to do it using ADO or DAO? Do you want to link the tables? Providing examples depends on how you want to do it ... I might suggest that you search this forum for examples of both...

Hello Owen,

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to link the tables.

I require to keep the master tables in a primary database and the client related information into the other database.

Hope you are quite familiar with SQL Server 2000. Selection of data from 2 different database is a possibility in SQL Server. According to this, i want to re-design my existing database which is in MS-Access 2000.

Can i have some examples with ADO and DAO? any nice urls will suffice to initially start the work.