Unanswered: Leading Zeros in an Auto Number field

I have an Auto Number field that is the primary key called ESR_NO.

I have set the format to 0000 and it puts leading zeros in every time a new record is added.

I have a Log_No field that I concatenate the last 2 digits of a date field + "-" + ESR_NO

This worked great for numbers 0 to 9, my Log_No looked like this:

04-0001
    04-0002
    04-0003 etc.

When the ESR_No reached 10 the leading zeros disappeared in the concatenation of the fields and the dash, but the leading zeros are in the AutoNumber ESR_No field. I have spent several hours trying to figure this one out, anyone have a solution????

Thanks,

SBR

Re: Leading Zeros in an Auto Number field

Originally posted by sbr7770
    I have an Auto Number field that is the primary key called ESR_NO.

I have set the format to 0000 and it puts leading zeros in every time a new record is added.

I have a Log_No field that I concatenate the last 2 digits of a date field + "-" + ESR_NO

This worked great for numbers 0 to 9, my Log_No looked like this:

04-0001
    04-0002
    04-0003 etc.

When the ESR_No reached 10 the leading zeros disappeared in the concatenation of the fields and the dash, but the leading zeros are in the AutoNumber ESR_No field. I have spent several hours trying to figure this one out, anyone have a solution????

Thanks,

SBR
    What I prefer to do is to format the data at time of entry instead of in the table structure ... In your instance I'd do something like you did except:

LogField=Format(Now,"yy") & "-" & Format(ESR_No,"0000")