Unanswered: Event - Datasheet

I have a form in datasheet view and when I click on the record selector I want to open another form that shows the details. What event is the record selector? I am using the following code but I don't know the event:

Code:
    Docmd.OpenForm "form name",,,"field=" & me.field
    Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 1
    I believe you need to use the AFterUpdate event.

If I remember correctly, this event fires whenever the current record for the form changes.

I don't want to update it just view all of the details. I want to be able to click on the record selector in datasheet view and launch another form with all of the data in it.

Provided Answers: 1
    So you want to click on the little triangle to the left of the currently selected record and launch another form?

Can't do it.

The record selector itself is not an object that you can manipulate.

I assumed you meant that when you go to a new record by moving the selecter, you wanted to open a form. You could use a tight continuous form and put a small button on each record with the relevant code if you'd like..

Sure you can do this.

I typically put this code on the OnDoubleClick event. That allows the user to select a record (single-click) on the subform without launching the detail form. Many times I have activities associated with the single-click which are distinct from the double-click and for the single-click event I use the OnCurrent to trigger the action.

Originally posted by PracticalProgram
    Sure you can do this.

I typically put this code on the OnDoubleClick event. That allows the user to select a record (single-click) on the subform without launching the detail form. Many times I have activities associated with the single-click which are distinct from the double-click and for the single-click event I use the OnCurrent to trigger the action.
    Thanks..

You can also change your Form from Datasheet view to Form view and display the record that way:

In the On Click event of your Form (and assuming a field named "RecordID" is located on the form):

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFormView
    DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "myFormName", acGoTo, Me.RecordID