Unanswered: My .mdb Stopped at 210mb WHY!! HELP

I am using a program that accesses an ACCESS 97 .mdb file. The file has stopped growing at 210 mb. We ad things to it every day and it does not get ANY bigger. I have read the max file size is 1-2 Gb. I am afraid I am losing past data or date will be corrupted. HELP! What do i do to make it get bigger or take more data?
    Last edited by will732; 03-23-04 at 22:43.

How many machines is the .mdb running on?

Provided Answers: 1
    Did you try to comapct and repair the DB?

Originally posted by CyberLynx
    How many machines is the .mdb running on?
    It is running on one machine but 3 others look at the info and add to it

Originally posted by hammbakka
    Did you try to comapct and repair the DB?
    tried to comapt and repair did nothing to the size

I know Access claims 1 gig for db size (2 gig for 200x) but realisticly...I think the size will generate more problems than it's worth. 210MB is a pretty darn big for one .mdb file.

If you want you can try to remove your tables and place them into seperate .mdb files then link them to your main database. This will reduce the size of your main database drasticly and will run much smoother.

well....that just my opinion and I'm gonna stick with it

Originally posted by CyberLynx
    I know Access claims 1 gig for db size (2 gig for 200x) but realisticly...I think the size will generate more problems than it's worth. 210MB is a pretty darn big for one .mdb file.

If you want you can try to remove your tables and place them into seperate .mdb files then link them to your main database. This will reduce the size of your main database drasticly and will run much smoother.

well....that just my opinion and I'm gonna stick with it
    I'm working with many Access database that are more than 1,5 GB under Access 200x, and no problem.

Try to create a new mdb, then import all the contents of your 210 MB mdb in it.