Unanswered: slow odbc connection from apps server to database svr

HI ALL

recently, i just deploy two servers. one for the apps svr(W2K svr) and the another one for IDS server(W2K SVR). in the lab environment we have tested the connection using ODBC between the apps svr to IDS 9.3 and the connection is within second but whenever I switch to client's site and using different machines but same OS the connection become slower which took more than 25 seconds and more.

I have changed the odbc driver to datadirect aand also using diff protocol(olsonp=name pipe) but the connection still slow.i don't find any solution for this issue. i got a week to settle down this problem.

my question: why the connection become slow and how to configure both app server and IDS to prevent this mishap..

Could be a known issue. Did you changed the windows domain of the database server after the installation of the informix software. If this is the case then you are runinng in a known problem, just re-install the informix software and the problem is gone. If you renamed the server then this also happens sometimes. There is a utility availiable somewhere to change the computername withing Informix. I only don't exactly where it is. My advice just re-install, it will only cost you 30 minutes. Be sure to save you configuration files etc.

Please let me know if this was/fixed the problem.

Greetings,

Rob Prop

thanks rob,

yup, we have changed the domain name to another name to fulfill the user's need, i will try all the suggested steps..i will report to you the result asap.