Unanswered: Online Oracle 8i Database and its Backup Server ( Win NT )
One of our client need a solution. Constraints are :
1. They will use Oracle 8i and Windows NT. They have licence version of both. It is a Small Hospital haveing a IBM X-225 Server standard model with around 10-20 client Machine.
2. They donot want to use Linux or Other Unix version in server. Because they need an Administrator permanently.
3. As they will not have Administrator, they want a Backup server ( Will be configured in a PC for the time between main server crash to the Support Engineer to come. ). They are ready to be a bit slow during the failover time.
4. The clients will be windows 98 and should automatically connect to the backup server when main server fails.
5. The Front End is a Visual Basic and Crystal report based Hospital management Software.
Please give the solution in details . I will like to be guided by you and hopefully will be able to configure with last five years of experience in Linux, Oracle and NT .
Thanks in advance.
G J Shankar Nath
IT Consultant, Vedswasti Services Pvt. Ltd