Unanswered: VBScript and Excel Worksheets

Folks,

I have been struggling for quite some time with a particular, seemingly straightforward issue.

I would like, if it is at all possible, to display an Excel XLS file in an IFRAME. I would also like to be able to click a button and change the worksheet of the file which is displayed. My site is written in VBScript.

I imagine that client-side VBScript should be able to do something like this, but I haven't come across it as yet. Are there any ideas out there, or do I try to come up with an alternative?

Many thanks...

?

Would this not be a case of pointing to the xcel sheet and having the Iframe open that instead of a .htm/.asp page?

Re: ?

Originally posted by s33ka
    Would this not be a case of pointing to the xcel sheet and having the Iframe open that instead of a .htm/.asp page?
    That's exactly what I'm doing. But I'm currently having difficulty explicitly requesting a sheet of the XLS file. I can embed the XLS file without a problem, but it will initially display in the status it was last saved.

I would like to say - open XLS file, select sheet x.

Does that make any more sense?

Oh!

Oh right nah I cant help you with this one is there any reason you need to have those sheets in the work book, just trying to think of another way that this could be done.

sorry
    skirkpatrick, but my codes so rusty these days I'm having trouble with my syntax been working on it for two days now, and just think, I did once build a forum, I cont believe that I did it.

Oh well, you could always have the sheet seperate just as a quick resolution to this.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

s33ka