Unanswered: Calling prtinfo function of Visual Foxpro 6 SP5 in Windows XP causes fatal error

I have the following coding:

pcPrinter = set("printer", 2)
    lnPrinterPaperSize = prtinfo(2, pcPrinter) --- This lines will cause Fatal Error intermittenly.

The prgoram is compiled using Visual Foxpro 6 SP5. The problem seems to only occurs in Windows XP.

Thank you for any help.

I'm guessing it's a printer driver issue.
    Maybe reinstall the printer driver, or make sure you have one compatible with XP from the manufacturer.

It could also be (believe it or not) the screen resolution.
    You may need to try setting your pc to a lower resolution and see if that helps.

Even more Fox stuff at

Hi Dave,

I believe you have helped me before in the forum. For this issue, I'm trying a workaround provided by VFP's team. If that workaround doesn't work, I will try your suggestion. If it works, I will email you the workaround (I guess I will leave you a message in your guestbook since I don't have your email).

I usaully will post this question in tek-tips forum. However, I have not able to log in to that forum for over 2 months now. I have sent emails to them but I have not received any reply so far. I hope you can help me in this. My tek-tip's handle is pcwc66.

Thank you,