Unanswered: File Updating - Confused - Please Help

I have a subform that holds order details, including the order detail value.

I have created a subtotal field in the footer of the subform, which uses SUM to add all the order details values together.

I have a field on the Main order form which displays the subtotal field from the subform - OrdSubTot

I want to write this value to my Order Header file, in a field called OrderTot, which is displayed on the main form (although this can easily be hidden).

No matter what I try I have not been able to get the OrderTot field to be updated with the value from OrdSubTot.........please help

Thanks
    Last edited by Anduril; 03-24-04 at 21:08.

I'm a little confused with your statement:

"my Order Header file, in a field called OrderTot, which is displayed on the main form"

Order Header file.......is this a file, table, Form section, ???

Red face

The Subform uses The Order Details table/file

The Main Form uses The Order Header table/file.

They are joined by Order Number.

I want to hold the total value for all the Order Detail records associated with an order on that orders Order Header File record.

Order Detail records are entered in the Subform, and their value is calculated into a field on the footer section of the Subform using SUM - OrdSubTot.

Another field on the Main Form displays the value of OrdSumTot, and reflects any changes in values made on the subform.

So I want to basically write/update the OrderTot field on the Order Header File from the OrdSubTot value on the Subform or from the displayed field on the Main Form as and when any changes are made.

Hope that helps a little