Unanswered: how to read and change a .db file? Plus...PLEASE HELP!!!

hi everyone,

at work we use a point of sale and inventory management program called posim. it basically is a client server database program. (i hope that makes sense, i'm not knowledgable about dbs) to clarify...we have a G3 blue and white (mac) running posim server. and we have ~10 imacs running posim clients. the db file on the G3 is called posim.db.

here are my questions, if you please:

1) are all .db files paradox files?
    2) can i write a program to access and edit this posim.db file? there is some functionality posim doesn't have. rather than try to get posim to add these to their program, i thought we'd do it ourself.
    3) can i integrate this db file with our website? (our website uses mySQL).

many thanks!

Re: how to read and change a .db file? Plus...PLEASE HELP!!!

here are my questions, if you please:

1) are all .db files paradox files?
    No linux, unix, POSIM a separate software company and others use the db extension for database files.

2) can i write a program to access and edit this posim.db file? there is some functionality posim doesn't have. rather than try to get posim to add these to their program, i thought we'd do it ourself. Not likely, point os sale proprietary databases are pretty rigid do to security concerns. The data is likely to be encrypted .

3) can i integrate this db file with our website? (our website uses mySQL). Best way to do that is if POSIM can create a print or text report and you can parse and read that into your sql program.

many thanks! [/SIZE][/QUOTE]