Unanswered: Global Variables in Excel

Hi peeps, I have 2 problems, if you can answer eiehtr thats cool!

Is it possible to crete a global variable constant that can be accessed by other sheets in the excel program. How can this be done?
    i.e. i declare in a module and the sheet accesses the value pie from the module and displays it in a cell in a sheet

2/Also is it possible to create an executable .EXE file from Excel so that the user can open up the program and and not have the design view?

Thx

Welcome to the Board!

To declare a variable globally, at the top of any module, put "Public X As Whatever", String, Object, etc.

In your sheet module, set X = Whatever then your Cell Range = X. If you want to call the variable from the sheet and not from VBA, you'd need to write a Uder Defined Function (UDF).

As for the second part, No. But you get download the free Excel Viewer from Microsoft. It's esssentially a non-functional version of Excel. But it won't do you any good if your users already have Excel.

Understanding that Excel is not a secure environment, you can do a lot with worksheet/workbook protection that the average user will never be able to get around. Just understand that someone who wants in can.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Hey, I tried out what you sed, and it didnt work for some reason. I have sent you the file with my attempt and could you correct it so the value of x i set it in the module is displayed in sheet1.
    thx agen