Thread: Error Handling

Unanswered: Error Handling

Hey guys I know that this is the access forum but can I ask and excel question? I tried to excel forum but there are a lot few peple over there.

I have a function:
    =SUMIF(FAAO!$AB$1:$AB$99,"2001911 C2",FAAO!$S$1:$S$100)/C96

that returns the values that I want when there is data in the other worksheet. If there is not data in that worksheet I get the error Div/o. Is there a way that I can return a 0 by inputing some error handling? Thanks and sorry to talk about different applications.

Smile Re: Error Handling

Originally posted by tjarvas
    Hey guys I know that this is the access forum but can I ask and excel question? I tried to excel forum but there are a lot few peple over there.

I have a function:
    =SUMIF(FAAO!$AB$1:$AB$99,"2001911 C2",FAAO!$S$1:$S$100)/C96

that returns the values that I want when there is data in the other worksheet. If there is not data in that worksheet I get the error Div/o. Is there a way that I can return a 0 by inputing some error handling? Thanks and sorry to talk about different applications.

You could probably use the IIf function to return a 0 within the function itself. Other stuff/IIf(C96 = 0, 0, C96) I don't know the details of the function but whatever value you want to check can be replaced with the IIf function. Not the mose elegant, but it should work.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.