Unanswered: OPENROWSET error

I am trying to use OPENROWSET in SQL Server to connect to my Access database, but I keep getting the following error:

OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'X:\Setup\Database\KDB_X2.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.]
    OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ].

I have checked the database, it is not in use, and there is no password set on the database that would prevent me from getting access to it. Any ideas? Here's the syntax I'm using:

SELECT *
    FROM OpenRowset('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
    'X:\Setup\Database\KDB_X2.mdb';'Admin';'', subPSEL_PList))

IS SQL server service running on LocalSystem account ??

The Drive being accessed looks like a mapped drive ...
    Last edited by Enigma; 03-25-04 at 15:19.
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

The SQL Service is running under an domain admin account that does have access to this db. I've tried moving the db to my local system, specifying a full UNC path and now I get this error:

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. Authentication failed.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.]
    OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80040e4d: Authentication failed.].

However, I have verified that the workgroup info file is in the same directory as my db file, and is not open by anybody else. Here's my revised SQL:

SELECT *
    FROM Property
    WHERE PropertyID IN (
    SELECT *
    FROM OpenRowset('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
    '\\Balch\C$\EBKDB_X2.mdb';'Admin';'password', subPSEL_PList))

Now I've removed the password from the db, and I get this error:

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '\\BALCH\C$\EBKDB_X2.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.]
    OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ].

argggggggggg!!

SELECT *
    FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0','\\BALCH\C$\E BKDB_X2.mdb';'Admin';'',subPSEL_PList)