Exclamation Unanswered: Information on this error - ODBC Access Driver] Connection to 'myoracledsn' failed

Hi ,

I need some information on this error -
    Extended error - [ODBC Access Driver] Connection to 'myoracledsn' failed.

The sql query in access database forms a join between access and oracle linked tables.

On some machines it runs smoothly and populates the resulset(i am using lotusscript extensions for ODBC).

However recently when we tried to setup in other machines the code fails at the line recordset.execute and gives me the above exception.

I am able to open the linked tables and have required rights, i can also run the query from within access.

Have exhausted a lot of options so far. Please let me know if anyone has any clue as to what direction i should be investigating in.

Thanks in advance,
    Monisha
    Last edited by monisha menon; 03-25-04 at 16:46.

on the new machines do you have the ODBC connection myoracledsn configured correctly. If I remember correctly from my ODBC day this error is comming from an access ODBC driver and if it is (as the name implies) be an Oracle ODBC driver then you need to reconfigure the myoracledsn to be an oracle ODBC connection to the oracle database. Check your ODBC administrator (system) names, drivers and versions on the machine that work against the machines that don't.

Checking MDAC versions& Driver versions

Thanks for the reply !!

Yes thats what i have done ..am checking the MDAC version & ODBC , access driver versions.Hopefully we will find out , in case there are any other reasons why this error should popup do let me know.

And i find out then i will post a response in the site.

Thanks again
    Monisha