Unanswered: Is this possible?- Updating database records using Access or XML

I need to be able to send database record(s) via email to a sales agent. Have agent edit/ update certain fields in record(s) and/or add records for new contact information then return records (file) to home office for re-import into master program built in Access.

Prefer that agent be able to see a form view as opposed to a spreadsheet view. Need to export all information from a main table and linked tables. Could provide agent with our program if necessary but is there a way to send just an editable document perhaps through HTML or XML with a minimal form that agent could use to edit or add records? Even open to the idea of an Excel spreadsheet if it can open with a form view but I cant get form view to show the linked records properly. It puts all fields from both tables onto one main form.

This will probably be a once-monthly process for having agents update our sales records.

I would sincerely appreciate if anyone can tell me if and how this is possible and give me sample code if possible. Im weary of gnashing my teeth over this one!

Contact info:
    KCK
    2kathy@mail.com

Re: Is this possible?- Updating database records using Access or XML

Using ADO you could create a Persisted Recordset. You would reterive your data as normal into your recordset then save it to XML. Your agent could edit the XML file and send it back to you, you could then re-import it back to your database using again the MSPersist Provider.
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!