Unanswered: Urgent help needed - can't add new record

In one of my application, I have restricted the data displayed on the form based on the user access rights. The data displays fine according to the user. say for eg. user A only sees his records for the deptno that he belongs to. And the user B only sees his records for the deptno that he belongs to. The form recordsource is based on the following sql query,

SELECT Main.*
    FROM tblDept INNER JOIN Main
    ON tblDept.DeptID = Main.[department number])
    WHERE (((tblDept.Username)=CurrentUser()));

The 'Main' table contains all the data from all the departments, and the 'tblDept' contains the deptno and the username.

Displaying the data based on the username is fine. But the only problem is the users can't add new record. Since the form recordsource is based on the above sql query, the 'New Record' navigation button is disabled.
    Can anyone please let me know how to fix this.
    Thanks

Re: Urgent help needed - can't add new record

Originally posted by skodidhi
    In one of my application, I have restricted the data displayed on the form based on the user access rights. The data displays fine according to the user. say for eg. user A only sees his records for the deptno that he belongs to. And the user B only sees his records for the deptno that he belongs to. The form recordsource is based on the following sql query,

SELECT Main.*
    FROM tblDept INNER JOIN Main
    ON tblDept.DeptID = Main.[department number])
    WHERE (((tblDept.Username)=CurrentUser()));

The 'Main' table contains all the data from all the departments, and the 'tblDept' contains the deptno and the username.

Displaying the data based on the username is fine. But the only problem is the users can't add new record. Since the form recordsource is based on the above sql query, the 'New Record' navigation button is disabled.
    Can anyone please let me know how to fix this.
    Thanks

In short, if a form's recordsource is based on a query, is there a way to add a new record? Pleeeese help!!