Thread: formatting

Post Unanswered: formatting

I have data coming from and linked table in an SQL database and there is a column that reflects seconds but the table has this listed as text. How can I get it to format in hh:mm:ss if the column I am trying to format is text? Is it possible? Because every time I try all it returns is 12:00:00 for every single row.

CAT :-D

Re: formatting

Originally posted by carley465
    I have data coming from and linked table in an SQL database and there is a column that reflects seconds but the table has this listed as text. How can I get it to format in hh:mm:ss if the column I am trying to format is text? Is it possible? Because every time I try all it returns is 12:00:00 for every single row.

Use the the CDate convert function to convert the text to Date/Time and then you can specify the formatting option and it should work.

Matthew

Question

What is in my linked table under duration is "0009" for example. This data means h:mm:1/10 of a second, but it's in text not a date time format. However I need it to be converted to the standard hh:nn:ss format. Is there a way that I can do this?

CAT :-D

Format$([Duration],"00\:00\:0")

So,

"0009" comes out "00:00:9"

Is that what you want ?