Unanswered: multi-threaded accsses to db2 8.1

hi all,

assume there ist an application that works multi-threaded to access db2 8.1 database.

this application uses 5 threads (parallel runing and accessing db) and each thread selects, updates, inserts 5000 rows before a commit. assume that two or more thread can accsses the same object.

how do you configure the parameter for db and dbm?
    which parameter are important for this case?
    what values do you recommend for the parameters.

i will be thankful for any helps and idea

thanks

bab

Hi,

I advise you to take a look at How can I improve performance thread discussed in this forum.

Hope this give you some hint.
    Grofaty

Tips

Hi.

It all boils down to what are you looking forward to and expecting from the database.

To start with I would first use the IBM's Configuration Advisor Built in DB2 to depict the scenarios and test with the recommended settings.

To add to it I would look at the following parameters as well LOCKLIST, DBHEAP,MAXLOCKS,SORTHEAP and SORTHEAPTHRES,APPL_CTL_HEAP_SZ and ASLHEAPSZ. Your Isolation level would also be an important consideration for the setup you described. Also check on the log sizes.

Try browsing around the form and I am sure you will get loads and loads of information for your requested topic.

Cheers

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned