Thread: Forms resizing

Unanswered: Forms resizing

Hi,
    I have a couple of forms that display an annoying habit. When you first enter the form they are full size and fill the screen. From this form there are a number of command buttons that allow you to go to other forms. From these forms you can return to the form, but the issue is that when yo return to the form you can see it re-drawing to re-fill the screen.
    Question is, how can I get these forms to stop this behaviour? I have other forms that fill the screen and they don't exhibit this behaviour.

Regards
    John

Provided Answers: 1
    Try this form resizer utility
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 1
    This is for Acce$$ 97
    I didn't terst it under another

Thanks for that Hammbakka, unfortunately it hasn't solved the issue.

Regards
    John

Re: Forms resizing

Originally posted by Sticker
    Hi,
    I have a couple of forms that display an annoying habit. When you first enter the form they are full size and fill the screen. From this form there are a number of command buttons that allow you to go to other forms. From these forms you can return to the form, but the issue is that when yo return to the form you can see it re-drawing to re-fill the screen.
    Question is, how can I get these forms to stop this behaviour? I have other forms that fill the screen and they don't exhibit this behaviour.

Regards
    John
    You can't ... It's a windows refresh problem ... How much ram do you have? You might be able to mitigate it by adding more memory (so it doesn't have to disk cache it so much) ... How complex (or busy) are these forms?

Hi Mike,
    The Pc's have 512Mb of RAM.

The forms are not really that busy, they are the main menu and 2nd level menu, most of the work is done on other forms

Regards
    John

Hi Mike,
    The Pc's have 512Mb of RAM.

The forms are not really that busy, they are the main menu and 2nd level menu, most of the work is done on other forms

Regards
    John
    ... Just hit me ... When you return (or close child dialogs) usually you'll get a Form_Activate event fire ... Try issuing a Me.Refresh call there.

Thanks for the offer mike

Tried that on the activate, still no joy though.

Regards
    John

I don't understand this and its really frustrating me now.
    For some reason now the form on re activation has its title bar and it stays resolutely in a part of the screnn that I don't want. When it first loads its maximised but when you go back to it, it is not ?

Regards
    John

Something very strange going on here. I renamed the form and then imported it from an old version of the database, unfortunately the same thing happens with the imported version, YET if I go to the old database and use the same form it doesn't have this problem, why?

Regards
    John

Something very strange going on here. I renamed the form and then imported it from an old version of the database, unfortunately the same thing happens with the imported version, YET if I go to the old database and use the same form it doesn't have this problem, why?

Regards
    John
    Have you compiled the code? Different version of Access? If so, compiling will assign the correct libs for the form ...

Thanks for the reply Mike,
    I have compiled the code but it didn't make any difference, in fact I now have scoll bars that I can't get rid of

Thanks for the reply Mike,
    I have compiled the code but it didn't make any difference, in fact I now have scoll bars that I can't get rid of
    Have you tried maximizing the form in design view and saving it? Also do you have Auto-Resize on or Auto-Center?

Hi Mike,
    I have maximised the form in design view and saved it. Auto centre is yes as is auto size.

I've decided that I've wasted too much time on this, both mine and others (inc yourself) and so will restore the previous days version of this database and use that. That unfortunately will mean the loss of 1 days work but I've nearly lost that trying to overcome this issue.

Thanks for all your advice and help

Regards
    John