Unanswered: Hide objects dynamically per user

In setting up a shared db, how does one go about hiding the objects for which the user does not have any privileges?

Am trying autoexec, hidden property, and "usys" prefix to object names, permissions via DAO, containers... am a little lost and unsure whether this it the right direction. Haven't found anyone else talking about it.

Thanks, in advance.

How would I return the state after the user closes?

Have you looked at Tools/Security/User & Group Permissions menu? Then for more details look at the help under Security.
    rtk

Provided Answers: 1
    Look up StartupShowDBWindow , AllowSpecialKeys , AllowFullMenus and more

I do this with all my databases. I am not sure if this is the best or most efficient way to do this, but it works for me.
    First you need to get the user's windows logon, then set up a table for security settings, then in your code say that if the windows logon = a specific security setting then fieldA.visible = True (or false).

for my security table I have window's logon's, username, and the security setting. So if user A is a director she has access to everything, versus a low man on the totem pole has access to only one or 2 fields. Based on the security setting in that table you can make certain fields visible or not visible.

Hope that helps.

Using groups instead

With a little thought and help from a collegue I've gone back to just helping users see their tables via Groups, which will work for my purpose. The security table sounds like a good idea since this is a db that doesn't have a public interface.

Thanks, ya'll for your help.