Unhappy Unanswered: Making good sound?

I am trying to hook up my computer to my sound system I have in my living room I routed all the cords and once i hooked it up the sound quality really sucks. it doesnt matter if i am streaming or just playing mp3s off my hard drive. they all sound really tingy. almost like i need them amped up or something. I was wondering if anyone has tried doing this before and if they had any luck. I have a pioneer 5 disc rec. w/ 5 speakers and a compaq presario 3000 lap top.

thx,
    Jake

Re: Making good sound?

Originally posted by j48jake
    I am trying to hook up my computer to my sound system I have in my living room I routed all the cords and once i hooked it up the sound quality really sucks. it doesnt matter if i am streaming or just playing mp3s off my hard drive. they all sound really tingy. almost like i need them amped up or something. I was wondering if anyone has tried doing this before and if they had any luck. I have a pioneer 5 disc rec. w/ 5 speakers and a compaq presario 3000 lap top.

thx,
    Jake

I am guessing you are joking? I find it kind of funny that you took the time to sign up for an account to post in the Access forum about Pioneer CD players?

Heh....Yes sir....wrong forum. Sheeesh...wrong domain.

But, what the heck...

1) Don't use the Line Out from your sound card. Make sure you use Speaker Out.

2) You will need to have (or make) a cable that will contain a single stereo pin on one end (to plug into sound card) and 4 RCA jacks (2 RCA jacks for each Left and Right channel). Make sure all jacks on your fancy cable are Gold plated so as to receive real quality sound .

3) Plug the RCA jacks into the Left & Right channels of the AUXILARY ports on your receiver/applifier.

4) Set your reveiver/applifier to open the auxilary input channel (you know...turn the dial or push the AUX button).

5) Start your favourite MP3 player on your computer and voila...you've got the Rolling Stones in your living room.

Note: You might want to place a couple of large diodes into the cable in case your cheapo applifier decides to send a spike back towards the audio source. A crossline capacitor probably wouldn't hurt either to filter out the noise of your maxtor hard drive.

Last edited by CyberLynx; 03-28-04 at 00:22.