Unanswered: isql utility doesnt seem to work with -o param

Hello,

I am using NT and connecting to ASE remotely. I tried to use isql utility with -o parameter for the very first time from DOS-Prompt. I can succesfully connect to the server by using :

isql -S<server> -U<user> -P<pwd>[B]

But the -o parameter does not work correctly,such as :

isql -S<server> -U<user> -P<pwd> -o <output>[B]

After i run this command it doesnot connect and make me wait till forever to connect

But when i check path C partition root i face that the ouyput file is created ,but its empty.

Now, my question is :

How will i be able to run this command succesfully and create output files.? Is this because of DOS-Prompt?

And also can someone do me a favour : I need a good EDITOR and COMPILER to run ASE commands and i don't know where to find. Searched about that on internet , find some but couldn't be able to run them succesfully also on my NT server (e.g. isqlViewer)

Be sure to not omit the "go" in the last line of your input script

And make sure you end the input file with a linefeed.

If

isql -S<server> -U<user> -P<pwd> -o <output>

is the full command that you're using then what is happening is a side-effect of all the output is going into the file - the prompt will never appear, but you are connected and you can run queries.

If you run this command, type in your command then type 'go' and then exit - your output file will have all of the output.

If you are looking to run a sql process from an input file then you need to add the -i parameter to specify the input file.

hope this helps...