Smile Unanswered: ListBox Limitations

Hello everyone . . . .

Does anyone know the size limitation of Rows & Columns in a ListBox?

Does anyone know the limitation of data returned from a query in the RowSource?

I have a situation where the number of rows increases as I decrease the nimber of columns.

Deleted & reconstructed the ListBox several times with no change in results.

Re: ListBox Limitations

Originally posted by TheAceMan1
    Hello everyone . . . .

I have a situation where the number of rows increases as I decrease the nimber of columns.

Can you clarify the problem.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Originally posted by Norberto
    Can you clarify the problem.
    How are ya Norberto . . . . . .Thanks for the reply!

Have a ListBox on a form. Nothing else is on the form. The ListBox RowSource is set to Query (there are quite a few columns in the query), and the ListBox is unbound. The query is simply a mirror of a table and its only real purpose is sorting. There is no criteria!

When I open the form with all the columns in the query, only 16 rows show in the listbox(so scrollbar). However, if I run the query, it returns 37 records! With that I started testing to see if I could find what happen to the missing rows.

Removing the columns one by one from the query, closing and reopening the form, I found that as I removed columns, row count would increase, and vice versa.

As an Access DB programmer for many years myself and using a great many ListBoxes in that time, I've never seen or noticed this type of behavior. I don't know what it is yet, but, there appears to be some kind of limit as to the Data Load returned by the queries recordset.

I hope this more informative, and thanks again for your reply.

How are ya Norberto . . . . . .Thanks for the reply!

Have a ListBox on a form. Nothing else is on the form. The ListBox RowSource is set to Query (there are quite a few columns in the query), and the ListBox is unbound. The query is simply a mirror of a table and its only real purpose is sorting. There is no criteria!

When I open the form with all the columns in the query, only 16 rows show in the listbox(so scrollbar). However, if I run the query, it returns 37 records! With that I started testing to see if I could find what happen to the missing rows.

Removing the columns one by one from the query, closing and reopening the form, I found that as I removed columns, row count would increase, and vice versa.

As an Access DB programmer for many years myself and using a great many ListBoxes in that time, I've never seen or noticed this type of behavior. I don't know what it is yet, but, there appears to be some kind of limit as to the Data Load returned by the queries recordset.

I hope this more informative, and thanks again for your reply.
    Really that is new......
    Wy don't use a wizard for query my be that work.....!
    Saludos
    Norberto

Hello everyone . . . .

i guess U had a look at the Column Count Property of the list box?

Cheers
    Bachatero