Unanswered: how can you config a db using command line or put in bat file?? v8.1

I've just gone from DB2 6.1 to 8.1 and wow things are much different. I'm trying to figure out how to configure a database quickly and easily without having to talk users through the client configuration assistant.

In v6.1, I would have them run the following command and it would automatically configure the database.

C:\SQLLIB\BIN\DB2CFIMP.exe %SrcDir%\IBM\DB2.ins

Here's an example of what the DB2.ins file contained:

[FILE_DESCRIPTION]
    APPLICATION=DB2/Windows 95 6.1.0
    FILE_CONTENT=DB2 CCA Exported Data Sources
    FILE_TYPE=CommonServer
    FILE_FORMAT_VERSION=2.0
    Platform=15
    DB2SYSTEM=
    Instance=DB2

[INST>DB2]
    instance_name=DB2
    NodeType=2
    ServerType=DB2WINDOWS95

[NODE>SIEBEL00]
    DB2SYSTEM=sampledb
    Instance=db2pacp
    ServerType=DB26000
    Protocol=TCPIP
    Hostname=sample.hostname.com
    Portnumber=1000
    Security=0

[DB>SIEBEL00:dbsample]
    Dir_entry_type=REMOTE
    Authentication=NOTSPEC
    DBName=dbsample

[CLI_ODBC>dbsample]
    DataSourceName=dbsample
    DataSourceType=System
    ODBCParameters=No

I would like to know how this would be done in v8.1. Whats the equivalent to the DB2CFIMP.exe app in v6.1? Thanks in advance

I forgot to mention some details. This is DB2 v.8.1.4 running on windows 2000 and XP.

I work at a helpdesk and I do not work with DB2 much. I just work with users to configure their databases and would like to simplify the task as much as possible.

Instead of relying on the users' abilities to spell and type properly, I'd like to make it a one click process and save me 10 mins on the phone. I generally create a gui interface for these things using Autoplay so the users get a button to click on to do this for them.. I just dont know what the commands are for DB2 v8.1 for configuring databases without going through the configuration assistant. And I'd prefer not use the import option.

Assuming you are using TCP/IP, look at the following 2 commands in the Command Reference manual (which can be downloaded from the IBM site).

CATALOG TCP/IP NODE
    CATALOG DATABASE
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks for the response Marcus.

I figured it out yesterday. Looks like DB2 v8.1 still has the same command, DB2CFIMP.exe. I just went through the configuration assistant, then exported the database into a file. Then I just ran DB2CFIMP.exe and specified the exported file and it configured the databased! I read through tons of posts here and discovered that the imp in db2cfimp means import. I guess I failed to specify that i didnt want to launch the configuration assistant and use the import option in the menus. Now I can just use the following command to do the configuration:

"c:\program files\sqllib\bin\db2cfimp.exe" "%SrcDir%\whatever folder\database configuration file"