Thread: newbie question

Smile Unanswered: newbie question

I'm trying to create a table so that when you enter data, its a pull down menu so you just select when you want instead of typing it. For example, the Fields are Movie, Actor and Movie Genre and for Movie Genre, you can then select Science Fiction, Action, Comedy, Romance, Horror, etc... which i typed in another table.
    Last edited by Agent_J; 03-28-04 at 01:04.

Set up the table with the fields that you want in it and create a form that is linked to the table you want to enter data into. In the form you can create a combo box that does exactly what you are looking for.

i tried creating the form, but now it says i need to edit the relationships? do you know how to configure that?

Attach your database...

thanks cyber, here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

The office has Access 97 and I am unable to open the db. Is there an option in your version of access to convert the db to work in '97?

ahh finally figured it out, here it is snake

what are you trying to accomplish with all of this data? Are each of the tables sources for the combo boxes? What information do you want in the final table?

I'm trying to make a database of all the computer video cards. Yes, I am trying to make the tables sources for the combo boxes. In the final table, i just want to be able to have a combo/drop down menu under Manufacturer, DirectX, buswidth, pipes and interface so i can just select them instead of typing them which would reduce errors

Here it is again with a bit of a twist.......

its awesome cyber, thanks