Unanswered: connecting several databases

hey,
    i got a little problem, i got to correct a project that wasnt written by me. the man problem is that this particular project contans 3 diferent databases. can anybody please explain me how does it work i.e. how to correct several databases.

thanks in advance igor

you can link to several databases at the same time (i have not checked the maximum limit, but 3 is not an issue).

file¦get external data¦link
    ...one after the other.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Provided Answers: 1
    You can connect to external Data Base using the ODBC. You can connect to many different DBs.
    i.e in Acce$$ you can connect to SQL Server, Informix, DB2, .....

access data bases conection

Thanks for the answer.
    Can u please explain it more specifically to me, I copied some file in access from a network actually 3 data bases that are connected, but whenever I'm trying to run the files access look's for the previous path of the files, and nothing work's. How can I change the path? Where is it located? Where is the connection of the data bases located?

Thanks a lot

anat
    Last edited by anat_sher; 03-29-04 at 06:09.

Go into the tools menu -> Database Utilities -> Linked table Manager then select the tables that are in databases that have been moved, the at the bottom select "Always prompt for new locatation" then hit ok and it will refresh you links to the moved files.

Question access edit state

Thanks for answering.
    I got another problem; whenever I'm trying to open an access project that I need to change I only see the running state of the project. The main form is automatically executed .but I can't open the project in it's edit state because the menu does not appear and I can't change the structure. How can I open the project in it's edit state so I will be able to change it? How can I stop the main form from automatically being executed?