Thread: Bound Forms

Unanswered: Bound Forms

Hi All,
    I have a Database wherein 3 tables are connected. Now the problem is that I have a form to enter data into 2 tables. There is a combo box field on the form that looks up data from the 3rd table. So when I finish entering the data on the form and try to insert a new record and if i have left the combo box field unselected (i.e. no selection from the presented options), Access does not allow me to enter a new record saying that " a related record is required in that 3rd table". I am using a select qeury to populate the combo box with details from the 3rd table, so that is why I guess, Access is giving me this problem. Since the tables are linked, Access is forcing me to select at least one value, even if I want to leave the field blank. Is there a workaround to this problem or do i have to select at least one value?

Thanks to all for ur efforts and time.

Cheers:
    Prathmesh

Provided Answers: 1
    Did you try using Sub forms to access more than one table?

I think I am missing the point here regarding subforms. The combo box's row source is related to a different table and the control source is related to a different table. The control source for the combo box is related to a table in the query which provides the record source for the form, and the row source for the combo box comes from a different table and when I try to leave the combo box blank, without any selection, I presume due to referential integrity, Access does not allow to add that record. I really cant figure out how in this particular scenario can Subforms be utilised? Utilising subforms will force me to alter my DB structure.

Prathmesh