Unanswered: Connecting from crystal reports

When I connect to Oracle using the Oracle in Ora92 (sqora32.dll) v12/03/2002 from Crystal Reports 8.5 I'm getting the attached error message

Ora-01456: may not perform insert/update/delete operation inside a read only transaction. The read-only option was not checked when I set up the ODBC connection using this driver.

When I use the crystal oracle driver there is no problem. Is it possible to use Oracle's driver? If yes how can I get rid of the error message?

many thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Connecting from crystal reports

I am using the Merrant ODBC drivers shipped with Oracle. They work great. I have both Oracle 817 and 920, no problems using Crystal.

Why did your system think Crystal was performing DML? Crystal Reports only performs SELECT operations.
    MarkRem
    Author, Oracle Database 10g: From Nuts to Soup
    http://www.remidata.com/book_nuts2soup.htm

Hi - the underlying procedure does contain DML and using the native driver allows this but using the Oracle driver does not. I will continue using the native driver, I just wanted to ensure that there was no possibility of using the Oracle driver. many thanks

The Oracle ODBC driver permits full insert/update/delete/select transactions. On the "Oracle ODBC Driver Configuration" page (accessed via the Windows control panel > ODBC Data Source Administrator) there is a checkbox for "read only". Make sure it is not set.
    MarkRem
    Author, Oracle Database 10g: From Nuts to Soup
    http://www.remidata.com/book_nuts2soup.htm

Thanks - it is not checked to be readonly though

kind regards