Unanswered: Warning plz help

I got the message
    "Record has been updated by another user.Re-query to see the changes"
    whenever i try to modify the master record on my form or some times for detail record.
    if any one knows the solution please let me know
    thanx a lot.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Warning plz help

It could mean what it says, i.e. that another user has updated the record since you queried it (that "other user" could be you, e.g. in a separate SQL Plus session).

More likely though, if it happens often, is that you are using an UPDATE statement in your form that updates the record you are viewing. You should avoid doing this, letting the form handle the updates theough its own mechanism.

but i m just updating those records through triggers which are not displayed on the form...
    Last edited by roma; 03-29-04 at 07:16.

Database triggers? That would do it for sure. Once the database triggers fire and update the record, any columns that were updated by the trigger but are also queried by the form will be out of sync. You need to requery the record to see it as it is now. Or you can avoid the issue by not including those columns in the form (if that is possible).

these triggers are not the database trigger sir its a form triggers or item triggers like key_next_item and all

Why are those Forms triggers updating the database? Why don't they just modify items in the displayed record?

you are very write sir they are just changing the display item values but what for those which are the part of data block but are not displayed on the form...

The triggers should set the non-displayed items like this:

:blk.item := 'x';

It should not do:

update base_table set item='x' where id = :blk.id;

i have done like that only as you have recommanded sir still cudnt sort it out.