Angry Unanswered: Gone stupid,can't bound data

Hello guys.

I have a form with different text boxes that display data when I peform a search, but some of the text boxes are from differnt tables and I was trying to set the Control source by building the expression but whatever I do it just displays "?#Name"

If I wanted to display Name and that was in table Customers I was setting Control Source to ,
    =Forms!Customers!Name

but that gives me nothing, what am I missing, have tried other different expressions but doesn't work, what am I forgetting.

I didn't get a chance to thank people who have halped so far,thanks guys.

Regards

Re: Gone stupid,can't bound data

Originally posted by zobernjik
    Hello guys.

I have a form with different text boxes that display data when I peform a search, but some of the text boxes are from differnt tables and I was trying to set the Control source by building the expression but whatever I do it just displays "?#Name"

If I wanted to display Name and that was in table Customers I was setting Control Source to ,
    =Forms!Customers!Name

but that gives me nothing, what am I missing, have tried other different expressions but doesn't work, what am I forgetting.

I didn't get a chance to thank people who have halped so far,thanks guys.

Regards
    Hi there,

Ur code =Forms!Customers!Name requires a Form with the name "Customers" to be existing, not a table.
    What about creating a query showing all the data you want to display and base your form on that query.

Cheers
    Bachatero

Thanks for that,

That has made all the difference

Auf wiedersehn