Unanswered: VB, migrating to another database

I want to take information from one database and save it in another database. how can i change the direction of the data adapters? I have also tried to define new data adapters in the same way as the others but with the connection string fixed to the target database, but this make nothing.
    The structure of the tables in both database is the same, the target database is only a subset of the another one

Re: VB, migrating to another database

Are you using ADO to connect your VB app to the database? If so a change in your connection string is all that will be needed.
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

I have tried it but still doesn´t work, the code is as folow:

Dim cmdbuilder As New OleDb.OleDbCommandBuilder(daProjekteure)
    connection.Close()
    connection.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & strWrapper
    connection.Open()
    daProjekteure.UpdateCommand = cmdbuilder.GetUpdateCommand
    daProjekteure.Update(dsPav, "tbProjekteure")

Simply the table in my database remain blank, does anyone know why ???

Thanks again

OK!!! I am close to the solution. The problem was that the RowState property stay as Unchanged,becouse of that the Update command made nothing. The next question ist: How can i change manuallity this "onlyRead" property ?
    Does anyone know anything now ?????