Unanswered: Super slow development in tiny database

Hi guys

I have a 300k database on my desktop with links to 3 tables on a networked database.

In a form with ~ 4 controls on it, it takes me approx 1.5 mins to save changes.

What gives? I used to do a ton of dev work in Access 97 and don't remember performance being this horrid.

Also, on some reports in design view it takes a really long time to make just the simplest of changes - even when not saving.

Regards,

Jarrett

Provided Answers: 54
    There are lots of ways to slow a database down. I'm not sure which one(s) apply in your case.

Is the retrieval fast? Do queries run quickly? Can you make changes quickly when just browsing the table? Is file backup an issue?

-PatP

Is the retrieval fast? Do queries run quickly? - Yep, they run quickly.

Can you make changes quickly when just browsing the table? - Yes, no delay at all.

Is file backup an issue? - No, shouldn't be.

It seems to be situations where I am in design mode that cause the most slowdowns, pauses etc.

Provided Answers: 54
    Ok, I'll byte. I'll think on this one, but right now I'm comming up empty.

-PatP

Ok. Im asking for an Access re-install in case there's something wrong with it (reaching).

Also, I got an email saying I have a private message from Mr Roomi, but when I go there the inbox is empty - so, Mr R - I'm not ignoring you I just cant see anything to reply to