Unanswered: MS ACCESS UnBound Form Problem

Hi,

I have an unbound form(not linked with any table) and I am trying to fillup the form with sql query. The records are more than 100 and I am using a form with 'default view=datasheet'. but when I extract the record it displays only last record. The reset 99 records over-writed in the same field(text box). how can i increase the number of records in an unbound form while form's default veiw is datasheet.

I will appreciate your consideration.

Mr_roomi
    mr_roomi

Try making a continuous form, that looks like a datasheet view.

hi

hi,
    continuous form is only applicable when form is bound witha table otherwise it doesn't.

can any one tell me how to create detailed form without binding to a table

Originally posted by dynamictiger
    Try making a continuous form, that looks like a datasheet view.
    mr_roomi

Re: hi

Originally posted by Mr_roomi
    hi,
    continuous form is only applicable when form is bound witha table otherwise it doesn't.

can any one tell me how to create detailed form without binding to a table
    Not in access ... You might try using a datagrid ... You can make a continuous forms form bind to a temporary table that you fill on the fly ...

Re: MS ACCESS UnBound Form Problem

Originally posted by Mr_roomi
    Hi,

I have an unbound form(not linked with any table) and I am trying to fillup the form with sql query. The records are more than 100 and I am using a form with 'default view=datasheet'. but when I extract the record it displays only last record. The reset 99 records over-writed in the same field(text box). how can i increase the number of records in an unbound form while form's default veiw is datasheet.

I will appreciate your consideration.

Mr_roomi
    Sorry bout use a query for the property RecordSource, set the property DefaultView and ViewsAllowed like datasheet, set the property DataEntry to No.
    It's must work ......
    Saludos
    Norberto

Wait a second,

an unbound form, by definition, can only show a single set of values.

Whether it is in single-form view, continuous-form view, datasheet, etc., it can only display a single set of values if it is unbound.

The solution to this is simply to bind the recordset, whether by temporary table, query, SQL, whatever.