Post Unanswered: Scheduling a macro to run without opening an Access database

I have a macro setup on a database I built that needs to run at a certain time each day of the week. I need for the macro to run even if nobody opens the database. Is this feasible? If so, how is it done?

There are a couple of ways to do this.

However, you may need to alter the database slightly.

If it was me.

1. In the database, create a simple form. The form would be named something like 'Frm_start_KH'. I would then set this form to be opened the moment the database was opened.

This form would have an on_time event, this would be set to 1 minute. The form would have a command button to stop the timer, (set to 0). ~ This gives anyone opening the database for maintenance or other reasons to stop the following. Don't forget to put a label click here to stop automated process.

2. In the On_time event, when its reached a minute, have your code/macros or whatever you want it to do.

3. Finally at the end of your code, have a quit function. (with save?!)

4. If your PC is the trigger (you leave it on) under scheduled tasks, put a path to this database. If it is on a server, its alot simplier, depending on the Platform running, speak to your IT section and tell them this database needs to be opened at ....

This solution has worked for me in the past, especially if you want to look like you are at work at 4am in the morning!

Hope it helps.

Ken.

(using Access 2000)