Question Unanswered: Updating question

Hi,
    I am building a single form(per client's request) to run a database with three tables named client, case and visitation. Case and Visitation have some information that is in common but needs to be kept seperately so that each individual visit can be accessed at a later date. I populate my form from the case database. My question is how do I save something in my visitation table when the record source is the case table. Thank you for any help and please feel free to ask any questions.

Joel

If client, case and visitation are all just single values that relate to each other, then make a query with the 3 tables enter all the data from each and then enter them on your form.

I think this is what you are asking??

Surf
    Gotta to do some code

Close

Hi,
    Thanks for responding. That's actually what I'm doing. The tables are related to each other across idNumbers. An example of what I need to do is track the value of a checkbox. I need to know what the current value of that checkbox is(from case) and what the previous values of it were(from visit). So how would I be able to save the value to Case.checkRecord and Visitation.checkRecord. Or even if someone doesn't know how to do this, how do I save a record using code rather than with the recordset feature in access. Thank you again for any help
    Joel

Re: Close

OK, you write a script that takes the old checkbox into the visit table by means of a SQL query with the DoCmd thing. And takes the new value of checkbox and insert in the case table in the same way. I don't know it this is what you mean.

Ya

Ya that sounds like what I'm looking for. Do you know any of the code for that though? Thanks a lot for that suggestion.
    Joel