Question Unanswered: Groups Collection via VBA

Do someone knows how can I manipulate Access Groups Collection (That contains Access Objects Shortcats Collection) via Access VBA?
    MDB, ADP <-> MS SQL + VBA, ADO & RDO, .NET, Oracle, Java/Jsp.

seems only beginers with simple questions come here

Re: Groups Collection via VBA

Originally posted by Kakha
    Do someone knows how can I manipulate Access Groups Collection (That contains Access Objects Shortcats Collection) via Access VBA?
    Golly! I did a search in the object browser for shortcats and came up with nothing.

I guess only advanced users can manipulate shortcats.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Re: Groups Collection via VBA

I see no mention of a "Groups" collection ... Where is it?

I mean a Group of Object Shotcuts (Ability added to Access 2000), that lats you to have object shortuts grouped under one group name (like "Favorites", etc...)
    This is nice feature but it would be much better If I could get infromation about Groups via VBA.

For example:
    I have SQL Server with one DataBase and many ADP projects connected to this DB, these are some tools (Reports, Input Forms etc... ). each ADP need some SQL objects (views , stored procedures, functions,...) to work properly, so I put these objects in one Group with some name for each ADP, and then I can see what objects do I need to run this ADP.
    Same time there are other DBs for other companyes and when I develop a new ADP, I need to copy all objects that ADP uses to other DBs, If I could make code see Objects put in a Group, I could copy them from source Db to other DBs automatically.

I'm shure there are many other reasons for Groups programing and I wonder why there is no help at MS site about it.

I mean a Group of Object Shotcuts (Ability added to Access 2000), that lats you to have object shortuts grouped under one group name (like "Favorites", etc...)
    This is nice feature but it would be much better If I could get infromation about Groups via VBA.

For example:
    I have SQL Server with one DataBase and many ADP projects connected to this DB, these are some tools (Reports, Input Forms etc... ). each ADP need some SQL objects (views , stored procedures, functions,...) to work properly, so I put these objects in one Group with some name for each ADP, and then I can see what objects do I need to run this ADP.
    Same time there are other DBs for other companyes and when I develop a new ADP, I need to copy all objects that ADP uses to other DBs, If I could make code see Objects put in a Group, I could copy them from source Db to other DBs automatically.

I'm shure there are many other reasons for Groups programing and I wonder why there is no help at MS site about it.
    Sorry, don't work with data projects much.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Wink Re: Groups Collection via VBA

Originally posted by basicmek
    Golly! I did a search in the object browser for shortcats and came up with nothing.

I guess only advanced users can manipulate shortcats.
    Maybe you should try the complimentary search for long dogs!

Now, on a serious note. Do you mean the literal short cuts ending with file extention ".lnk" ?

As far as the Groups collection, it does have Append and delete methods available.
    Last edited by poliarci; 04-02-04 at 18:54.