Unanswered: Get Access User Name From Login Pop-up Box

Hello

I have recently been given the job of administrating a Access Database which was brought in from another company, the database works fine on the stand alone PC which the database arrived on and asks for a user login when the mdb is loaded and I enter the login name and password that was passed onto me and everything works fine. My problem is when I copy the mdb onto my company server the message "You do not have the necessary permissions to use '*.mdb' " appears, originally I thought this was because I needed to copy across the system.mdw files across but sadly this did not work either, any ideas on why this is happening?
    I am relatively new to Access so any thoughts or suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Rgds

Gus

You need the MDW

There should be an MDW file associated with the DB. Put this in the same location as the MDB and it should work.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: You need the MDW

Originally posted by mjweyland
    There should be an MDW file associated with the DB. Put this in the same location as the MDB and it should work.
    Uh....

I thought this was because I needed to copy across the system.mdw files across but sadly this did not work either, any ideas on why this is happening?

Cerebral Flatulance

I musta skimmed over that part. Anyhoo......

Can you open the DB and bypass this stuff with the shift key held down?

Sadly I have tried the old shift key trick but with no result. Is there anyway you can force Access to give you a login prompt?

You may have copied the system.mdw, but you did not instruct Access to use that new system.mdw. Your command line needs to point to that system mdw or you need to use the workgroup administrator to change the default that Access will use for the system.mdw.

Thank you for your answer, sorry to sound stupid but how do you point the command line to the system.mdw?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...28&Product=acc

look at /Wrkgrp <system filename>

Talking

Many thanks for your help, I will give that a try tomorrow at work.