Unanswered: how to run pocedure stored in back end

Hi guys

I have two Access 97 DBs

one stores all data and modules which update this data
    other just holds all reports etc (based on linked tables)

I need to run Procedure which updated the Back End tables and I need to run it from front end.

can anyone tell me how to do that?

thanks in advance

Re: how to run pocedure stored in back end

If you are using ADO call the Execute method from the Connection object use the adExecuteNoRecords criteria. Here is an example:

Dim cn as ADODB.connection

Set cn = new ADODB.connection

cn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Test.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

cn.Open

cn.Execute "StoredProcedure_Test", adExecuteNoRecords

cn.Close

Set cn = Nothing
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

Another way to do it is to put a reference to the database in the front end. Open a module go to Tools>References and then press the Browse button. In the dialog box change the file type from a Library to an Access Database and then find you back end.

You will have problems if you move the backend. You will have to reset the reference. Might be an issue if you are distributing it. But I am pretty sure you can programmatically set references.