Thread: Query VBA

Unanswered: Query VBA

Hi there. Can I place VBA code into a query. I have a query in my access 2000 mdb. In that query I have an "ON HAND" field. I would like to change the background color of that field if the quantity is below 0. Can I do this????
    Sharon))

that's 2 different questions!

Can I place VBA code into a query....? very often yes, but there are limitations.

...I would like to change the background color of that field... not possible in a query-return far as i know.
    but yes in a form or report looking at the query: search this site for "conditional format"

in extremis, you can sort of fake it in a query SELECT blah1, blah2, iif([ON HAND] < 0, "OUT OF STOCK", "") AS FlagOutOfStock FROM ....

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Datasheet

If you displayed the query on a form and used Datasheet as the display mechanism couldn't you set the background color conditional based on the results in the respective textbox?

Can I make the text Bold in the query. If yes where to I go to enter the expression?? Do I go into the Design view of the query and then the Criteria section??

no

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Suggest Again

I would again suggest using the query results as a datasheet in a subform then applying the conditional rules you want.