Unanswered: mail merge from a secured access database?

I have set up a secured database (access 2002) and to access it you have to click on a shortcut on my desktop (a solution suggested elswhere on the site to get around the problem of having non secured databases in use as well) However, I want to be able to mail merge to word documents and in order to do this you need to be able to link to the actual database, which if you try it you get messages that you don't have permissions, because you aren't going through the shortcut. Please help as I really can't work out what to do and it's a major problem for us. Many thanks.

You have to set up a DSN (System) pointing to that database and under the advanced button, fill in the login and password information.

Then, when your user does the mail merge from Word, they select that MDB/MDE from for the data source and then select MSQuery and it will pop up a selection window for the DSN. Select that DSN and you are home free.

Talking

Thank you so much for your help - I had to go away and look up the whole dsn thing as I wasn't familiar with it, but I have now tried and tested this on 2 machines and it works a treat. You have saved me a lot of worry about what I was going to do about this problem, which is great. Cheers!