Unanswered: Appending data to a view

Is their a way in SQL to retrieve data from a table and then add another record to it?

For example I have a combo field that display a list of Contractor Names. It is sorted by Name in Ascending Order. At the very end of the list I want to add "Other", how can I do this when the combo field is bound to a query that displays all Contractor Names in a table?

Becuase I what I plan on doing is when the user selects "other" i'll popup another form to allow user to enter new Contractor information.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Provided Answers: 1
    If you add a record, in which this field is filled with "Others", then it will appear in the ComboBox. So try to add this record manually, once you did that you will get (others) in the CcomboBox

I don't want to add it manually becuase in my combo box, it display list of "Contracter Names" sorted in Ascending. I want the very last row to be "Others"

Wink Manual Override

Set up a field that uses the first few letters of the Contractor name as it's data. Don't actually show the field on any screen. Use this field in your combo box columns as the sort. Have a macro or event procedure that automatically sets the value in this field to the first letter of the Contractor Name when you tab out of the Contractor Name field using the Left(ContractorName,1) function if you choose to use only the first letter. (Syntax may not be exact on that but you get the idea.) Manually change the letter of Others to ZZ (or whatever number of letters you chose). It will always be last unless you have ZZ Top as a Contractor.