Question Unanswered: Resources per user

Hi,

I am a web application developer and have to support my customer in selecting the right database profile from their it department. They want to compare DB2 vs. Oracle. We have to deploy 2 independent applications. Using Oracle I only need 2 users with rights to create resources, one for each app. The apps use their specific usernames to connect and get their specific content. Resources with the same name are no problem even when running on the same tablespace because the username is prepended implicitely.
    My question: Is the same true for DB2? Can I suggest a db2 profile with one instance, one tablespace und 2 users with rights to create resources?

TIA,
    Albrecht

Re: Resources per user

Yes ... You can do the same with DB2 ... But, I would suggest two tablespaces in the database, and each user having CREATE Authority on one of the tablespaces only ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Originally posted by albrecht
    Hi,

I am a web application developer and have to support my customer in selecting the right database profile from their it department. They want to compare DB2 vs. Oracle. We have to deploy 2 independent applications. Using Oracle I only need 2 users with rights to create resources, one for each app. The apps use their specific usernames to connect and get their specific content. Resources with the same name are no problem even when running on the same tablespace because the username is prepended implicitely.
    My question: Is the same true for DB2? Can I suggest a db2 profile with one instance, one tablespace und 2 users with rights to create resources?

TIA,
    Albrecht
    Last edited by sathyaram_s; 03-31-04 at 06:03.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: Resources per user

Sathyaram: Thx, thats all I need to know!
    Albrecht